tonight’s group meeting

In our group meeting we discussed the program models that each of us researched. I found all of them to be interesting as they all have very unique programs. I liked learning about the Roots of Empathy from Madison. It is neat how they involve the babies for the older children to learn to share and care for, and with others. Sarah shared the Young Families program. It is great to know that there is support for young parents to continue their high school education. Heather shared information about the Montessori program. I learned that it is a child led program and they like to use natural materials, like wood. I researched the Waldorf education which they also like to use natural materials. I found it to be a bit similar to the Montessori program. I feel that these programs do not really fit with my ideas of child care. But one of the things that I liked from the Montessori and the Waldorf, is that they use natural materials. This is something that I would like to integrate in my day care. I enjoyed listening to everyone’s information, I felt that I could not articulate mine as well as I wanted to. Sorry ladies!