Today’s Reflection

I finally finished my journal assignments last night. I feel somewhat accomplished. I had to think back to the beginning of 2019 when this course started, and how I felt like I was being pulled in different directions. I work all day, then have to make sure my son and my student have meals prepared. I have to make time to do homework, but then someone else needs help. The phone rings, people texting, people stopping by needing help.  I love being of help and I feel great to be able to be there for people. Giving is my biggest joy!! But I have to come to the realization that I am not super woman. I need to learn to find balance so that I am not overwhelmed to try and get things done on time. Making time to do what I need to do in terms of homework, is very important! So, I have decided to turn off my cell phone and only check it once in the morning and once at night. And I have put together a list of chores for my son and my student to do to minimize my work load. I am learning to say no again and take charge of my own schedule. I guess the other word for this is find my “equilibrium”. Saying this means that, I can still help, but I need to help myself first, so I can be of better help to someone else. I am looking after number one, ME! No more excuses.